CONTRACTS & PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for reviewing and assisting in the preparation of purchase requisitions (PRs) and assuring competition through requests for bids. The buyer is also responsible for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of documentation for purchase orders (POs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the contracts and procurement (C&P) officer, the contracts and procurement specialist:
- Reviews and processes PRs, with emphasis on ALMA operations.
- Obtains and negotiates prices, generates and sends POs to vendors.
- Secures delivery of materials to the final destination.
- Provides required information to the vendor, the user or accounting area in relation to the transaction.
- Refers and informs the C&P officer of any requisition or request that requires clarification or further review.
- Advises the business manager and C&P officer on urgent requirements when time does not allow compliance with the regular requisition procedures.
- Is responsible for keeping procurement files for review or audit purposes.
- Supports inventory control and continuous tracking of fixed assets located at the Joint ALMA Observatory.
- Supports the C&P officer in managing contracts.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Technical or university degree in accounting, business administration, auditing or engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar positions.
- Experience in accounting, auditing and documentation.
- Math and writing skills, Excel, Word, ERP user system.
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Organized, responsible, with a service-oriented profile, and good interpersonal relations.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, NATURE OF THE WORK
This position is based in the NRAO/AUI Office in Santiago. Frequent travel to the ALMA site in northern Chile or international travel is required.
We invite candidates to submit the following information to CyC@aui.cl no later than August 19, 2018:
- Resume in English.
- Explanatory cover letter indicating how you comply with the job requirements.
- The names and information of three professional references.
- Monthly gross salary expectations.