Associated Universities, Inc. – Santiago, Chile
This position provides administrative support to the office of Chilean affairs (OCA) assistant director and managers and coordinates the general housekeeping and administration of the office. Acts, in particular, as coordinator for the AUI representation in Chile.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the OCA assistant director, the office coordinator fulfills three main roles:
- Provides administrative support to OCA assistant director and other managers, including handling of agendas and correspondence, general phone and reception, coordinating trips for staff and visitors and organizing large-scale meetings and events.
- Researches and gathers information to prepare reports as required.
- Maintains filing system and safeguards confidentiality of all materials.
- Coordinates schedules with organizations such as ACHS (preventive health/high altitude exam), clinics, day care centers, hotels, rental companies, etc.
- Coordinates insurances of AUI cars used by the JAO.
B. Office maintenance
- Coordinates cleaning and other office services such as fire and alarm system maintenance, air conditioning, carpet cleaning, etc. Ensures maintenance of office lighting, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Oversees contract staff in charge of cleaning and monitors office and cleaning supplies.
- Liaises with building administration for tenant-related issues such as evacuation, repairs, etc.
- Handles access cards and parking spaces.
C. Coordination of AUI representation
- Supports expatriate management in matters such as accreditation, license plates and others.
- Organizes activities around AUI Board meetings and international visitors, including hotel rooms, meeting space, travel arrangements and other.
- Helps with the logistics and participates in education and public outreach (EPO) and diversity & inclusion (D&I) activities and events.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Five to ten years of experience in similar positions, preferably in companies or organizations who do business in English and Spanish.
- Bilingual English-Spanish together with good writing skills.
- Experience in governmental, research or other non-profit organizations desirable.
- Highly proficient in computing applications such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and appointment books.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, NATURE OF THE WORK
This position is based in the Santiago corporate offices. Work is typically performed at an open reception desk. May occasionally need to travel and visit site at high altitude (5000 masl).
We invite candidates to submit the following information to email@example.com no later than April 21 2019:
- Resume in English.
- Explanatory cover letter indicating how you comply with the job requirements.
- The names and contact information of three professional references.
- Monthly gross salary expectations.